Join the Coalition for an online roundtable discussion of digital aggression and feminist research methods on Wednesday, December 9 at 3pm EST featuring Bridget Gelms (San Francisco State University), Leigh Gruwell (Auburn University), Vyshali Manivannan (Pace University), and Erika M. Sparby (Illinois State University). Digital aggression can take many forms, most commonly bullying, harassment, and doxxing. In all of its forms, gendered digital aggression creates barriers to equality for communities and people who are also marginalized in physical spaces.
Each of these feminist scholars will discuss their research methods and the challenges they’ve encountered researching digital aggression. In addition, speakers will offer insights on resisting digital aggression informed through intersectional feminist practices.
Key questions to be discussed:
- How can researchers prepare themselves to study digital aggression?
- What do feminist methodologies look like when researching digital aggression?
- How can researchers prepare for/prevent aggressive attacks?
- What resources are available for digital aggression researchers?
- How do axes of privilege or oppression influence initial approaches to researching digital aggression and/or preparations for/responses to aggressive attacks?
- What do mentors need to know about working with a digital aggression researcher?
- How can institutions support digital aggression researchers?
Wednesday, December 9 at 3pm EST
In order to receive the zoom link, please RSVP in advance here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/intersectional-feminism-and-digital-aggression-roundtable-tickets-128565541997
Bridget Gelms,(she/her) Assistant Professor of English, San Francisco State University
Leigh Gruwell, (she/her) Assistant Professor of English (Rhetoric and Composition), Auburn University
Vyshali Manivannan, (she/her) Lecturer in Writing Studies, Pace University, Pleasantville
Erika M. Sparby, (she/her) Assistant Professor of Digital Rhetoric and Technical Communication Department of English, Illinois State University