The Coalition of Feminist Scholars in the History of Rhetoric and Composition seeks nominations for its active Advisory Board for the 2022-2024 term. Both peer- and self-nominations are encouraged.The Coalition, founded in 1989, fosters inquiry in feminist histories, theories, and pedagogies of rhetoric and composition. As a network of diverse teachers and scholars, the Coalition promotes intersectionality, collaboration, and communication in the following areas:
- the advancement of feminist research and pedagogy across histories, locales, identities, materialities, and media;
- the education and mentoring of feminist faculty and graduate students in scholarship, research methods, praxis, and the politics of the profession.
As an organization of dedicated individuals and groups, we seek to cultivate a dynamic, intellectually challenging, and professionally nurturing community. We welcome and sustain all who do feminist work, inclusive of all genders, sexualities, races, classes, nationalities, religions, abilities, and other identities, in their research and/or classrooms.Most importantly, we are a busy and growing organization, offering many opportunities for involvement. Advisory Board members contribute to the Coalition in ways such as the following:
- serving on organizational committees (e.g., standing committees as well as award and ad hoc committees);
- serving on the editorial board of the peer-reviewed, quarterly journal Peitho;
- liaising with the conference organizers of our biennial Feminisms and Rhetorics conference;
- facilitating mentoring tables at the Coalition’s annual 4Cs session; and
- attending scheduled Advisory Board meetings during the 2022-2024 term
Notes about Process:
- To make a nomination, please send the nominee’s name, current institutional affiliation, and e-mail contact information. I will then reach out to the candidate to ask for supporting materials. Supporting materials include: a letter explaining their interest in serving on the AB and a CV. In the case of self-nominations, nominees will submit these materials to me.
- Nominees need not already be members of the Coalition, but they will be asked to join upon accepting their nomination.
Please submit all nominations and self-nominations to Jess Enoch (email@example.com) by Friday, February 4th. Supporting materials will be due Monday, February 14th.