Media Interviews with AAAPI Activists on Anti-Asian Racism
- Author Helen Zia and Civil Rights Activist Amanda Nguyen on Anti-Asian Hate Crimes.
- How millennial Nobel Prize nominee Amanda Nguyen’s viral video sparked coverage of anti-Asian racism.
- Author Viet Thanh Nguyen on the “deep well” of anti-Asian racism in the U.S.
- Actor George Takei on Anti-Asian Violence.
- An Asian American Poet on Refusing to Take Up ‘Apologetic Space’—The writer and poet Cathy Park Hong discusses Asian outrage and why she’s seeking power, not assimilation.
- Actress Margaret Cho on why racism is a ‘deep well of shame’ for some Asian Americans.
- How To Start Conversations About Anti-Asian Racism With Your Family? NPR All Things Considered host Audie Cornish talked to Nicole Chung, an author and advice columnist for Slate, and Christine Koh, a neuroscientist and co-author of a book on parenting. They gave concrete tips for starting age-appropriate conversations with children, tackling dialogues about race with adoptees or adoptive parents, and dealing with discomfort around sensitive topics.