The Coalition of Feminist Scholars in the History of Rhetoric and Composition (CFSHRC) is seeking an editor (or co-editors) for Peitho, our quarterly peer-reviewed online journal, beginning June 1, 2021.
In supporting the Coalition’s mission, Peitho seeks to publish research that advances the feminist study of our profession, including
- Peer-reviewed scholarly texts (i.e., essays, webtexts, standalone videos);
- Book reviews;
- Special edited content, including, but not limited to, occasional themed sections or materials related to Coalition activities.
In cooperation with an associate editor (Temptaous McKoy will hold this position until 2024) and Peitho’s editorial team, the editor has purview over the editorial content and production process of the journal, including managing the editorial board, issuing calls for papers, refining the journal’s submission process, and publishing the journal. The editor has the support of the Coalition’s Executive Board for all matters requiring approval.
Qualifications: A strong candidate will have:
- A strong record of feminist academic work, including research and scholarship, teaching, mentoring, and service;
- A strong record of affiliation with the Coalition (i.e., membership, Coalition-related service work, participation in Feminisms and Rhetorics conferences, involvement in Peitho);
- Working knowledge of available resources for digital scholarship and digital publication;
- Relevant editorial experience and a vision for the future of the journal;
- A career record of collegiality as well as outstanding planning and communication skills;
- A firm commitment of support from their home institutions (i.e., release time, interns or research assistants).
- Serve as editor for four years, assuming responsibility for Peitho 24.1 (Fall 2021) through Peitho 26.4 (Summer 2025);
- Manage the submission, editorial, and online publication process for four issues of Peitho per year (Fall launched in September; Winter launched in January; Spring launched in March; and Summer launched in June) in coordination with the Associate Editor;
- Participate in the search for a new Associate Editor when needed;
- Participate in the search for a new Web Coordinator when needed;
- Serve as an ex officio (nonvoting) member of the CFSHRC Advisory Board and attend regular Board meetings and provide reports on Peitho on Wednesday afternoons at CCCC and during the biennial Feminisms and Rhetorics conference.
The Coalition provides a $250 stipend for each year of the editors’ 2-year term (April to April) and 1 complimentary conference registration for each year of their 2-year term (April to April) where the Coalition has a strong presence.
Financial arrangements regarding the Coalition’s funding for software and technology, training, interns, stipends, and other items related to the journal will be negotiated at the beginning of the editor’s term.
For full consideration, please submit the following materials in a single PDF file (with your name in the filename) to Suzanne Bordelon (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than February 15, 2021:
- Letter of application that addresses qualifications for the position,
- Statement of institutional support,
- List of three references,
- Current vita.